Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) OT OT Mike Moore OT OT and guns

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) OT OT Mike Moore OT OT and guns
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:40:39 -0500
I enjoyed your viewpoint.

I do not know much about Yugoslavia, but in Kosovo the exodus of so many civilians was caused by the American airplanes.

We would have rather kept the money here at home for the cost of flying those planes and bombs too.

I am sure that you are not aware that our government (coz I am murican too) just overthrew the government of Georgia. Reason: Oil. And I really have a hard time believing that Saddam would take off with the chemical weapons and would leave the trucks loaded with money.

The best reason for being there was not the weapons but because we are responsible for each other. You protect me and I'll protect you. At least that was the purpose of the UN originally.

I lived during Comunism in Bulgaria and as a responsible citizen got my news from different sources(we were not on a leash as the Russians, Romanians and many more were). The broadcasts from Washington were very interesting...you want to know the truth? The ratio of truth to bullshit what your government fed you (and us) with is about 90 to 10 (in reverse order). On countrary, Those villains, the communists,somehow managed to get it 90% right...I know it sounds unbelievable, but you will have very hard time convincing me that they were more evil than your Government and they were the ones who wanted world dominance and here is your proof:

So you should feel sorry for us! We have to live here and support them. Now do you see why some fight so hard to keep the right to bare arms? (and I don't even own a gun but support their right)

We had special time at school dedicated go going to the movies several times a year to watch a war related movie (which would make the first 13 or whatever mins of "Saving Private Ryan" like a fairytale...). You come out of the movie and your head feels twice the size from all the explosions...and then we had discussions. Reason? Never wish war, we need to know what war is, never forget and be aware of out future actions that may lead to one. Qiet countrary to "Dont mess with Texas" (or dont mess with us or we will invade you...:)Sorry, but during the Cold War your government was at war. We did not wanted it.

OK, we don't want war either. But what if we (the US or any other responsible country) decided to stop helping in countries that had war. Imagine the consequences, what would happen to the underdog. I can sometimes be really dense but I really don't believe humans get better when left alone... I have known too many of them, and know myself as well.

You would gain a lot more respect and your mistakes would be forgiven on the international arena if your government and the dirty capitalists from the big corporations really started speading freedom across the globe, coz at present they are just taking the "last shirt off the back of the poor"...

So true. But remember, for many years now, investors from many different countries have funded the corporations of the US. Now, many corporations that are acting this way are NOT controlled by mericans although they operate in the US.

Let me tell a little story about a retarded lady I once knew. Judy loved Charlie Pride! Charlie Pride sang Country music. Judy thought any music she liked was Country music. My point is that each country's government and most corporations do really asinine things from time to time. Because Canada's government (sorry, you were just close by) does something stupid I don't assume everything stupid came from Canada, or that Canada will always do stupid things. What if the reason Canada's government did what it did was so they could get XYZ from another government?

What if a corporation in the US is really owned by a larger corporation from Europe and the head corporation tells the smaller one to do XYZ. Who is really to blame? Want to guess how many US corporations are really owned abroad?

Can we take this somewhere else, say the C*n*n or N*k*n user groups? :-)

gregg