Re: [OM] Cheap Zooms/now black powder/back on topic

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap Zooms/now black powder/back on topic
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 08:50:18 -0400
I've got a couple pics my wife took with the Olympus RC, of me shooting a
Brown Bess flintlock. I told her to wait till she sees the smoke, so as not
to waste film on the misfires :-)
I don't actually have a Brown Bess of my own, but do have a muzzle loader
with side hammer, and do use real black powder. There is something about the
sound and smoke smell of real black powder that is nice. And here in NB you
can carry one year round. And in Canada, in spite of all the aggravating
useless money-grab recent gun control laws, anyone can still buy a flintlock
rifle without any regulations at all. But you have to jump through twenty
government hoops to buy a crossbow. Go figure that one.

Oh, sorry. To stay on topic, I've been thinking of how I could perhaps do
the next TOPE - reflections. Maybe a self-portrait of shooting the muzzle
loader, reflected in the side window of the SUV, taken of course with an
OM1n. On second thought, probably too controversial.
Wayne