[OM] pinholes

Subject: [OM] pinholes
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 07:14:06 -0600
Good work, John. About ten years ago, I shot some for Mainline and N scale
with a 55 Nikkor with a pinhole lens supplied by the publisher. I was not
pleased, as those shots had the usual not too sharp look, completely unlike
your examples.

Steve Sint, the guy who writes the "pro" column for Pop Photo used to shoot
some for Craftsman. He had a 55 Nikkor modified by that famous repairman in
NYC. somehow, there was an additional lever on the lens, that, after stopped
down to f32, would move a pinhole disc in place. Sounds complicated and
expensive. Your work is ahead of you!

Bill Pearce