Re: [OM] Re: More E-1 photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: More E-1 photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:16:01 -0800
Thanks for the samples and info on the E-1.

Stephen Scharf wrote:

.........No color correction, levels or curves adjustment was done, nor was there any sharpening done. You will note that the auto white balance renders a greenish cast to the lighting in the interior shots.

Looks like a pretty complex mix of lighting on the 'interior' shots. The skin tones on 15 look pretty natural, while the back wall looks an unlikely shade of green. If the people are in outdoor light coming through the window and the background is largely fluorescent lit, the result is about as good as one can expect. The skin tone in 22 is pretty greenish, but again, much of the light in the whole image is from outdoors, making a complex balance problem. I guess white balance isn't center weighted. Maybe we need centerweighted and spot white balance options.

Moose