Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) OT OT Mike Moore OT OT and guns

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) OT OT Mike Moore OT OT and guns
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:08:48 -0800
lamadoo@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I think Moose has stumbled onto some good uhhm crap here.  If I recall my "History
of Eastern Art" correctly, the Buddah's big deal was the lily, floating on a pond.
The roots (meaningfully, symbolically) run all the way through the dark, cold water, into
the dank, filthy, slimy, silt-ridden bottom of the lily pond.  The devine has roots
(literally) in the crap.

You've got it generally right, although it's a lotus, not just any old lily. The prayer "Om mane padme hum" is, in a very simple translation (there are whole books on the subject), a reference to this sacred plant: "Oh most beautiful jewel (representative of the masculine principle) in the Lotus (representative of the female principle)." (Oops, there's sex again!) The Oly OM is, of course, the most perfectly Buddist camera.

I really like some of the off-list uhm crap like the audiophile stuff, and of
course my never-ending bragging about the venerable Volvo 240.

Had a girlfriend with a 122s. Indestructable body and very simple overall, thus quite reliable. The SUs were a pain though, forever getting out of whack. Good upper body workout parking it too.

 Tolerance is good.

Indeed!

Moose