[OM] Help me ID this OM adapter

Subject: [OM] Help me ID this OM adapter
From: "Douglas Tourtelot" <tourtelot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:49:02 -0800
I just got a research project from my local shop guy.  This is an Olympus
item, but I can't seem to find it in the SIF.

It has a standard camera mount on one side, a long push-in release button
(about 5mm long to clear something), the OM rubber grip material, also about
5mm wide, and then a taper to a three lug bayonet facing outward like the
rear piece of a lens.  This fitting is about 30mm wide with an opening about
15mm wide.  The only thing printed on it is the "Olympus" over "Tokyo" logo
and "Japan".

Anybody know what this is, maybe a link to some confirming literature?  Just
curious.  It is for sale as well, of course<g>.

Thanks.

D.