Re: [OM] SN 100mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] SN 100mm f2.8
From: "jonathan arklay" <jsarklay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 02:44:08 -0000
Hello Mr. AG,
I bow to you experience in matters photographic.

The really nice thing about the connection between your lens and my new one
is the fun I'm going to have finding out all about it.
What a good excuse to run off a dozen differing rolls one weekend....even
stand the cost of some studio time and use my daughters as the subject (wife
wont mind the cost so much if I give her some pic's of the little
darlings)...really drive it and see...Then perhaps you might be kind enough
to have a look and see what you think? Has it got it or not, or even me...

I agree with you about 'seeing' what's going on. I have usually got the feel
for good & bad, not always, but usually. If that is sufficient in this case
time will tell.

I have a degree of excitement about this because your comments of a few days
ago have born-out the truth in some knowledge I gained many years ago about
Zuiko's. I now actually believe that there really were some "truly
wonderful" lenses made, you know - indescribably good, at least I will if
the one I've just found is one of them?
The surroundings of this 'historic knowledge' of mine are a bit to
long-winded for this email, but life really does throw some curved balls
around sometimes!!!!!!!
Makes me :) though

Thanks & all the best, merry seasonals

Please keep the gem-like info flowing