Re: [OM] Dioptric Correction

Subject: Re: [OM] Dioptric Correction
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:16:31 -0800

>I think my fallback position is to take the plastic lens from an old
>pair of glasses, and carefully saw it into the correct size to
>press-fit into the OM-2's eyepiece.

This may or may not work. My understanding is that your eye must focus
on an apparent distance of about one meter while looking through the
viewfinder. (Thanks Susan) So your prescription must be adjusted to this
distance. I asked my optometrist for the correct prescription for this
distance. My old glasses would not work as you suggest as they are for
distance vision.

Mike