Re: [OM] E-System news

Subject: Re: [OM] E-System news
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:18:07 -0800
on 12/12/03 8:23 AM, Pschings@xxxxxxx at Pschings@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Besides cooperating with Kodak and Fuji in building
> the 4/3 camera system, a major independent lens manufacturer (that we promised
> not to name now) will be producing optics for the system. Olympus will have
> little new at PMA, but Photokina could see the intro of the medium-priced
> camera."

Hmmm... let the speculation begin! I first thought of Tamron, Tokina, and
Sigma. But then I thought, Sigma makes its own film and digital SLR's that
use the 'Sigma' mount already, so supporting the 4/3 mount would be
competing against themselves... does that make sense? Then I thought, maybe
Cosina would introduce 4/3 mount lenses... they are making enough stuff for
enough different companies that they might not care about cross-competition,
and they already have some experience making "Zuiko" lenses in the past...

At any rate, the bit about the medium and low priced versions causes me to
wonder what they will 'leave off' to justify the upgrade. I suppose the
medium price version could just be an E-20 with the 4/3 lens mount -- not an
entirely bad prospect at all...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...