Re: [OM] Source of *many* batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Source of *many* batteries
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:10:27 +1100
I'm surprised that you can't find 2CR5's easily but $10 isn't expensive - more like $15-18 here. (AU$25) The later EOS use two singles I think. I once split a spare 2CR5 and used the two cells in an Oly IS-2 without problems when I was out of range of the shops (but had a chisel handy).
AndrewF

Bill,
In the EOS world, a cheap source of propietary batteries is more valuable than it was in the OM world. Thanks for this link. My EOS film body (Elan II) takes an oddball Sanyo 6volt lithium called "2CR5". Not only are they expensive, but they're hard to find, and the AF camera will probably go though a bunch as I climb the learing curve.

It's $9.95 at the grocery store. Wal-Mart ain't what it used to be: it's $9.95 there too.

The good news is that lithiums have a 10 year shelf life. All of this means that I can load up a 4 year supply with no down side! If I buy at least 6, my cost is $3.75 each plus $5 flat fee + actual UPS charge. If I buy 6 and the actual UPS charge is $5, my total is $32.50, instead of $63.28 (purchased locally with 6ales tax.) I'm not going to retire on that savings but it's worth
doing and it's fun.  It will keep me C-41 processing while I learn.  Thanks.

All the best,
Lama