Re: [OM] Doin' the "Digital Wiggle"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Doin' the "Digital Wiggle"?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:38:25 +1100
Oh come on - no need to be gelatine bigot. Some didges aren't too bad. I quite like the look of this little state of the art number -
http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery/nickdorf/PixelHacker.html
It might be harder to find on offer than an E-1 but.
AndrewF

Why I'll never go Digital. I'd have to give up my honed camera holding
skills and become the performer- instead of the spectator.

Yesterday, during an awards ceremony, I once again silently laughed as I
watch the photographer do the "Digital Wiggle". That spread eagle
semi-squat stance. The camera 18 inches from his face to see the LCD screen
on the back. The little hop trot as he moved back and forth to fit everyone
on the screen- even though he has a zoom. The desperate weave to hold the
camera steady as the camera went through it electro-mechanical gyrations
before exposure.
Almost as ridiculous as me trying not to burst out in a boisterous guffaw
of embarrassment .
GBA- God Bless Analog

Garry Lewis
garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx