[OM] Source of *many* batteries

Subject: [OM] Source of *many* batteries
From: "Rich" <deepkeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 04:21:48 -0800
snip
>Wal-Mart ain't what it used to be
snip

WARNING!!!  Know your prices when you shop at Wally World (or anywhere
else).  They are NOT the best buy around for everything.  They are playing
the loss leader game as everyone else is (the advertised merchandise is
usually a "good buy" - the rest can be... or not).  Now that they've driven
most of the competition out of business, their prices are creeping up, gee
what a surprise.  But they still underpay their help, and give them NO
benefits whatsoever.  Latest scumbag business practice: hiring illegal,
undocumented aliens to do maintenance/janitorial work.  Shop elsewhere, you
can still meet or beat Wally World prices.  And watch your receipts
carefully.  The underpaid, overworked cashiers don't know the prices, don't
have to, don't care.  The computerized system has all the prices, correct or
otherwise.  I have been overcharged - twice - at Fred Meyer stores.  It's a
cold, cold, corporate America any more.

Best buys for batteries - as for most other things anymore - is online.
357s run about $3.99 hereabouts when bought one or two at a time.  You want
it "now" and "local" expect to pay more.

I needed a watch battery - "today", of course - last week.  $10 at the mall.
Ouch.

Rich