Re: Please, guys.....stop now....Re: [OM] OT Political parties (was Mike

Subject: Re: Please, guys.....stop now....Re: [OM] OT Political parties (was Mike Moore, etc.)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:02:41 -0800
on 12/13/03 3:21 PM, Tom Scales at tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> While the E-1 discussions are not very topical for me, being a D100 owner,
> they are at least about Olympus photography. All this Florida stole the
> election crap is just that -- and I live in Florida (and Pennsylvania, but
> that's another story).
>
> Tom
> sitting in his easy chair in warm Florida for a change.

You doing a snowbird thing... don't you want to experience a -real-
Christmas with snow and icicles and slippery sidewalks (and roads -- you can
actually need an SUV) <sorry...>

I think you're right on target. When I am ready to buy a higher-end digital
the E-1 will be one of those I consider, but the range of options has been
nice to explore. Geo-political discussions actually don't add much to the
list, but its somewhat interesting to see how much like the 'blind men in a
room with an elephant' it is sometimes. Each individual has their own
perspective, and somewhere amalgamating all of them is the present
situation... which none of us has much influence to change anyway (other
than my one vote, and I won't disclose how that went or is going...)

How about this... I've got a visit to my folks coming up, and for once I'm
driving instead of flying... so I can/could take essentially unlimited OM
gear with me. So far my plans are kind of fuzzy, but I've about decided on:

OM 4Ti
50/1.2
100/2.0
21/2.0
35/2/0
T-32
probably IS-30 for snapshots...
few rolls of film, mostly Fuji or Kodak color print.

I'm not looking to do anything artsy, except maybe some informal portraits
of Mom & Dad.

Can anyone think of suggestions, additions or deletions...?
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...