[OM] What gear to take?

Subject: [OM] What gear to take?
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:05:41 -0000
> How about this... I've got a visit to my folks coming up, and
> for once I'm driving instead of flying... so I can/could take
> essentially unlimited OM gear with me. So far my plans are
> kind of fuzzy, but I've about decided on:
> OM 4Ti, 50/1.2, 100/2.0, 21/2.0, 35/2/0, T-32, probably IS-30
> for snapshots...few rolls of film, mostly Fuji or Kodak color
> print. I'm not looking to do anything artsy, except maybe some
> informal portraits of Mom & Dad. Can anyone think of
> suggestions, additions or deletions...?

personally, I don't go anywhere without a 28mm - probably my most used lens.
I've got the 2.8 version - the sharpness is amazing, even wide open. I had
one shot from this lens used on a magazine cover - took it on velvia (on a
dull day )at 1/30 at f2.8. The editor than cropped it slightly and it still
looked good. Pretty good for 35mm!
My other idea would be a 50-250, but it doesn't look like you're too keen on
slow zooms. So how about an extension tube so that 100/2 can double as a
macro?