[OM] E-1 reviewed in PC World

Subject: [OM] E-1 reviewed in PC World
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:51:43 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:34:35 -0500
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 reviewed in PC World

I've also read in several places that the lens is a mediocre performer, at
best.  What do you expect for $100?  They probably had a bunch of them sitting
in some Osaka (or wherever)  warehouse.

Aren't many of the new, DX Nik*n lenses sourced from the failed Pronea
(spelling?) APS SLR?

Skip
Skip,

The reviews I've read in Shutterbug, DPReview, and Imaging Resource say quite
favorable things about it (for what it is, a $100 lens). If you've read that
it's mediocre at best, I would be interested in reading those reviews as well.
Could you post the references if possible?  I certainly don't expect it to be
the Zuiko 50mm/2 Macro that has debuted with the new E-1, which I hear is quite
the lens.

-Stephen.