Re: [OM] 1000mm lens case wanted

Subject: Re: [OM] 1000mm lens case wanted
From: "andrewelliottgalbally" <andrewelliottgalbally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:51:43 -0000
Hi Jim

Lens came from wideangle in the Netherlands almost 2 years ago. I have taken a
few (almost obligatory) moon shots with it, but otherwise it has seen little
action. The enormous size and a close focusing limit of approx 30m leave it
very difficult to use for bird photography. I have since managed to get hold of
a battered black 350/2.8 which is much easier to use and with a few
teleconverters (x1.4 &x2) is probably as good at that focal length as the
original 1000mm, as well as being faster. It is very difficult to do a
side-by-side comparison since most of the image degredation is caused by
camera/lens stabilization problems rather than the optical charactaristics of
the two different set ups.

Andrew