Re: [OM] Cheap 300/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap 300/2.8
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:38:41 -0500
>From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap 300/2.8
>
>Don't you have a 500mm f5 Sigma - perhaps you should sell it for $500? This
>is the second time around for the 300mm f2.8.
>
>- -jeff
>
>I've been watching for the long Sigma's ever since a certain list member had
>said some good things about them. This is the first one of seen over the
>last year.

Yes, I have the Sigma 500/4.5, which is a VERY nice lens (you can have the
lens CAP for $500).  It's "small" for a 500 - just about the same size as
the Zuiko 250/2 (the cases are almost identical).  They made an 800 in OM
as well, but I've only ever heard of one known specimen.  As for 300's, I
don't know anything at all about the Sigma 300, but I'm sure it's worth the
$500 price.  The green Tamron 300/2.8 is so good, we'd never consider using
anything else for our 300.

Steve Troy