Re: [OM] Batteries for Digital and System Cost Comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] Batteries for Digital and System Cost Comparison
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:57:59 -0800

On Dec 18, 2003, at 4:29 PM, Tom Scales wrote:

I don't buy this premise. The D100 is rock solid. What about is it that
makes you believe that it would not work in a pro environment?

Used it last night at the kid's Chorus concert. Sure felt solid to me. I
was a good 40 feet from the stage, using the 28-200 (42-300) and SB80.
Worked flawlessly.

I agree. I was just in New Mexico at the Bosque del Apache bird refuge. The D100 plus a vibration reduction lens was amazing. Hand held panned flying bird shots in dim light. Nirvana. What is pro is not whether the body is plastic or metal, but being able to put the lens on the front that you need for your project.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA