Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80 f/2.8 Sold on Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80 f/2.8 Sold on Ebay
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:52:18 -0500
The only Leica stuff which might, and I stress 'might,' be considered a
long-term investment, would be very low serial number models - i.e., the
first, second, third, etc., M3 to come off the line - and or rare
specialty cameras. The cameras created for collectors won't be worth
squat 20 years from now. Pick any Leica model you want, look at the
price when it was new, make the price conversion to current dollars -
and then compare that original selling price in 2003 dollars to what the
camera is selling for now. What you will find, in the vast majority of
cases, is that while the Leica held its value well compared to other
cameras, it was NOT an investment when compared to any normal types of
investments, such as stocks, etc.

B. D.