Re: [OM] Was OT: Tokina AT-X 28-85 no bids; now "apologies"

Subject: Re: [OM] Was OT: Tokina AT-X 28-85 no bids; now "apologies"
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:31:05 EST
In a message dated 12/22/2003 8:04:17 AM Central Standard Time,
gmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
My sincerest apology to anyone who was lurking on this auction. I didn't
mean to interfere with anyone's bidding strategy or cause it to get bid up.
I guess I should have realized that at least one member of the list had
noticed this lens, just didn't want it to go to one of the "great unwashed
masses." In the future, I'll keep quiet.
Greg,  Take a "chill pill". No apology required.  The starting price on this
lens was $60, with a BIN of $99.  If any had been serious about owning it,
they would have popped for the $99. However it turns out, no one will get a
fang
on this deal and the BIN price was not off the charts.  You are among friends
here. I have often put folks onto an auction for an item they were looking for
and have even sent them to an auction for an item that was competing with
something I was offering to sell them.  With the searches available, it is not
likely one will get a major fang from ebay, although it sometimes happens.  I,
for one, would encourage you to not keep quiet in the future.  This is part of
what has this list work.  Bill Barber