Re: [OM] tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:14:20 -0500
There will be as many answers as there are people, IMO.  Do a search over on
photo.net and you'll see oodles of opinions.

Most people who want a tripod for the rest of their careers settle on things
like Gitzo or Bogen/Manfrotto.  The carbon fiber ones are the lightest, but
very pricy.  A used Leitz or Tiltall (same tripod) will be rock-steady and last
you the rest of your life unless you run over it with a car.  $50-80 on Ebay.

My only advice: Don't skimp on quality.  I've had my two Gitzo's for 20 and 15
years and they're just as good as when I bought them.

Skip