[OM] WTB: Kiron screw mount for parts

Subject: [OM] WTB: Kiron screw mount for parts
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:10:48 -0500
I haven't seen a Kiron screw mount (M42).  Were they so late in the game that
they never the Pentax-S M42 screw mount?  I've already
spent hours on the 3rd party site but he doesn't directly address which mounts
Kiron made.

Having seen a blindingly sharp Kiron 28/2.0 go for a measly $30 time and again
on the bay, I'll realized I will never get what it's
WORTH out of it.  None of the EF 28mm lenses have superb reviews (very good
does not count).

Since I have a superb 28mm sitting right here, I'm back on converting mine for
EOS.  This thing is the best of the five 28mm lenses
I've owned.  It's not "perfectly sharp" (superb) like the Series1 90mm, nor the
Tamron 90mm (just arrived) but it's better than any
of the four other designs I've rejected in this focal length.

If I can't find a donor Kiron M42 mount, I'm pondering taking the OM mount off
and grafting on the business end of an EOS T-mount.

All the best,
Lama