Re: [OM] tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:20:19 EST
In a message dated 12/22/03 12:09:25 PM Central Standard Time,
jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I found the Acratech
> ball head to be noticeably more stable than the Bogen 3030 (and a couple
> other Bogen heads that use the same quick release plates).

Amen, as the Bogen basically leaves much to be desired when you get much
weight on it.  I have the smaller Kirk head and will go with the larger one if
decide the ball head is the way to go with the long telephotos.  It would be
easy to get nearly half the price on an E-1 body tied up in a new tripod and
head.  Bill Barber