Re: [OM] Brown rubber cement, waa Do NOT try this at home

Subject: Re: [OM] Brown rubber cement, waa Do NOT try this at home
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:43:50 -0000
Yes that's right Moose, we have.

Evo Stik.

--
Piers

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Moose
Sent: 23 December 2003 01:56
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We've been around this one before in some detail. Unfortunately I don't
remember the UK brand name(s), since I don't live there. But the info is in
the heads of other UK listees and the archives. Barge is a French brand.
Rubber cement is used in shoe making and repair all over the world, it's
just a matter of name.

Moose

john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Only problem in UK is going into shop/store and asking for brown rubber
cement...vacant looks...NO SUCH THING...its the old bonnet,boot / hood,trunk
thing... Now if John could supply a tube? of appropriate adhesive with the
foam kit it really would make things easier.
>      P.S. This whole episode is entirely my fault :-(  Got tired of asking
around for "brown Rubber Cement" only to be told "we have no idea what you
mean"....Took a chance - which with hindsight was totally wrong. I promise I
WILL LISTEN in the future :-) As Moose pointed out I was lucky that I seem
to have got away without permanent damage.   Regards, John Duggan

< This message was delivered via the Olympus Mailing List > < For questions,
mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > < Web Page:
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html >