[OM] OT: Blasphemer's Corner- Former OM user in the EOS world

Subject: [OM] OT: Blasphemer's Corner- Former OM user in the EOS world
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:36:54 -0500
I bought some M42 lenses on the cheap for my Elan II EOS body.  In addition to
that, I found an all-mechanical M42 body.  No, it's
not the Olympus FTL.  It was *designed for the SR44 battery, and has both a
hotshoe and a PC terminal (remember those?).  Naturally
it has an averaging light meter but it also has a 6% Partial area (they call it
Spot) meter.  I'm sure the mamiya / sekor DSX 1000
won't win any awards for fit-n-finish but that's a bit much to expect for a $46
body *with 55mm lens.  So, I can use the Canon EF
50mm to 18", swap on the 55mm mamiya, then start inserting the $10 Russian
extension tube set.

$15 for a set of three M42 extension tubes, INCLUDING $5 to ship it here.
Yeah, they're manual.  For that kind of savings, I'm
properly motivated for a bit of work.

All the best,
Lama