Re: [OM] tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:14:50 -0800
Mine has always worked perfectly, put in the plate, press down and it snaps securely in place. Set the lock, and you can't even accidently release the plate. Have you considered that your head may need adjustment? The plates are ridiculously big for most 35mm equipment, but seem in scale with the head and the big 3236 leg set. An OM shutter doesn't set up any vibrations in this set, even with the center column extended!

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

I believe everyone who's saying the hex plates for the Bogen/Manfrotto (like my
3047) are flawed.  $200 seemed like an awful lot of
money to spend on a tripod for a 35 using 24mm - > 135mm.  It will be a long
while before I spend more on a tripod but, yeah, it's
flawed.

When I first got it, I snapped the hex plate and the double-lock feature
"jumped".  The spring latch jumped but somehow it is
possible for the trap to "miss" the plate.  Like everyone else, I narrowly
avoided disaster.  The first time I tilted forward, the
camera slid right off the top.  Luckily, the neck strap was still around my
neck but I was sorely disappointed.