Re: [OM] softbox for use with T32

Subject: Re: [OM] softbox for use with T32
From: "Mickey Trageser" <Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:33:49 -0500
Sorry, don't know about soft boxes, but I share your interest in the use of
mic stands for light stands. How about an umbrella? For my portrait setup I
use two umbrellas on stand adapters mounted on  mic stands. The stand
adapter provides the mount for both the umbrella and the flash. The T32 is
then easily connected to the camera by TTL cable. For hairlighting, I have
another mic stand holding a Sunpak flash on a Wein slave peeking over the
backdrop.

A small umbrella and stand adapter may be a simple suitable substitute for
the light box. If you're photographing small things, an inverted large white
translucent bowl with a lens cutout could prove very useful, so I've heard.

-Mickey