Re: [OM] OT: FS: Bogen 3040 legs with 3047 head

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: FS: Bogen 3040 legs with 3047 head
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:57:41 -0800
I looked at this leg set (3046) when looking for a heavy duty tripod and found it had one fatal flaw for me. It is designed for studio use and doesn't allow different angles for each leg. That is better for the studio, but not good for field use. Otherwise quite a nice design.

I opted for the 3236 (now 475B) leg set with the same 3047 head. Height without center column extension is the same at about 70+ inches (according to the specs on B&H site), although the 3046 center column extends farther than the 475. Either of them is way above my 6' when fully extended. I've actually used a ladder to set mine up with a video camera to look over people's heads. The 475 allows each leg to be locked at any angle over a very broad range. Weight is the same too. Doing it again, I would have opted for a geared head.

Unfortunately, my 3047 lacks the special peace symbol logo.

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

I bought this today to resell from a former 4x5 shooter.  This thing is huge.
What I have to sell looks exactly like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2973556446

No pictures of my own yet but it is the same legs, same head, same collection
of anti-slip features, and the same hex plate.
Another auction says the same legs with a different head measure 74" from the
floor, fully extended.  That's 6 feet, 2 inches to the
tripod socket, or about 6' 4" to the eyepiece.

I'll offer it here for $145.  If it doesn't find a home here by close of
Saturday, you know where you'll see it.