Re: [OM] softbox for use with T32

Subject: Re: [OM] softbox for use with T32
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:40:24 EST
I can't promise a picture, I'm going to be too busy this evening with guests,
and working all day tomorrow, but suffice it for now, to say that it is
simply a rectangular piece cut out of an opaque plastic container.

Take the T-32 for example. The front of the flash where the flash tube is, is
approx. 1 inch high, by 3 inches wide. Cut your plastic 1 inch wide by 5 or
even 6 inches long. Either attach velcro pieces or use removable sticky foam
squares to the sides of the flash near the front edge. Attach similar material
to the ends of the plastic diffuser and stick them together. The white plastic
will be longer than needed to cover the flash tube, and so it will bow out
away from the flash tube. You want it to do this, not lay flat against the
flash
tube. For two reasons- both for the effect, and for the fact that you
shouldn't do anything that will cause heat to be retained in the flash tube
area. Most
of the flash's output will go thru the white plastic, but some will go out
over and under the white plastic.

HTH,
George S.