Re: [OM] tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:13:22 +0100
My main tripod is a Uni-Loc System 1700, which size-wise is the equivalent
of the Benbo Trekker. The central clamping system is reputed to be stronger
than the Benbo , without slippage. Their site is
www.uni-loc.co.uk

I have also owned a Uni-Loc Major 1600, but thought it a bit heavy for my
intended uses - very stable though.

I have been very satisfied with my System 1700, and would recommend it to
anyone.

The Uni-Loc design time developed the original Benbo, by the way, before
starting their own company to develop the concept further.

Roger Key

Daniel Tan wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Benbo tripods? I'm looking at the
Benbo Trekker Mk II. Looks cool, does funky things. What about carrying
it around?

Also, I've heard of an alternative to the Benbo tripods called "Uniloc".
Anyone used these?

Dan