[OM] Re: i can change if i have to i guess

Subject: [OM] Re: i can change if i have to i guess
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:06:05 -0800
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:15:17 -0800
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Re: i can change  if i have to  i guess

I can do that with the S110, although it would only take 3 AA batteries.
But I know I wouldn't use it. The whole point for me of such a camera is
simplicity and minimal stuff to carry around. A pocketful of extra stuff
just isn't on. If I'm going to carry a lot of stuff, I'll just take an OM.

Moose

Moose,
Right with you on that one. My first dig was an Oly C4040Z, which I really liked, but I found that its bulky form factor a real detriment. The new C-50 series are even worse in this regard as they are even bigger. It was hard to put the C-4040Z in the tank bag in the motorcycle, and it was even harder to get it in the CamelBak on the mountain bike or road bike. As a result, I just didn't take it with me very much. The whole reason for getting a digital was so I could upload photos for friends to see of rides, and not having it with me defeated the purpose of having it. When it was stolen, I replaced it with a Canon Powershot S45. I got the Canon for three reasons that the C4040Z did not deliver on: it was way more compact, it took Compact Flash, and it shoots photos in RAW mode. As a result, I take it with me in my briefcase everywhere. LIke the saying goes, the best camera in the world sitting at home is not as good as the one you have with you.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!