[OM] Re: i can change if i have to i guess

Subject: [OM] Re: i can change if i have to i guess
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:23:43 -0800

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:28:00 -0400
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Re: i can change  if i have to  i guesss.
<SNIP>
I have ran a few pictures through it, but still haven't figured out all the
workings as yet. The image quality of the pictures on the computer screen is
really great, even better than I would have thought. In fact it is
surprisingly so because of the poor picture you see on the screen or through
the viewfinder. My serious negative impression then, is the poor viewfinder,
as compared to my film cameras. I find it very hard to visualize what the
picture is going to be like when I cannot see it clearly in the viewfinder,
or for that matter, on the screen. And composing on a screen is just not my
style. Personally, if I had it to do over again, I'd go for something much
simpler and cheaper in digital. I don't think it will replace film cameras
for me any time soon.
So my first overall experience with digital is not that good. If anyone
wants it for $500 or so, they are welcome to make an offer. Contact me
offlist.

Wayne

Wayne,
I'm assuming you adjusted the dioper adjustment on the viewfinder? Personally, I did not like the fact that the viewfinder on the C4040Z was way over to the left, instead of the middle of the camera, as in a film camera. It made it more difficult to look through. The other drawback is that the veiwfinder of most digital cameras are pretty tight, 850f full frame or so....this is the biggest drawback to digital point and shoots.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!