Re: [OM] e-bay reputation

Subject: Re: [OM] e-bay reputation
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:16:07 EST
I wouldn't want to dominate the list with ebay questions and comments, but
since so many of us frequent ebay, I'd want any discussion to be ON the list
and
not off, whether it be good or bad, or the person in question was a list
member or not.  Sure, someone's feelings could get hurt, but I'm sure it would
be
temporary until any misunderstanding is ironed out. And I'm sure if they're a
list member, it would certainly be a misunderstanding and not a rip-off. Yes,
we can learn from the "public" ebay feedback rating, but if there was anything
bad there, it would be posted after the damage was already done to someone.
If we can help one list member to avoid being a victim of someone, shouldn't we
warn them ( and everyone else) BEFORE the fact? That's what this community is
all about, helping each other, isn't it?

George S.

jnmcbr@xxxxxxx writes:
Many of us are active on E*bay and there are certain sellers that have been
discussed on the list from the standpoint that individuals had problems with
them. You should be able to post a question here without a problem. One
thing to remember is that an E*bay buyer of seller may also be a list
member. If that is a concern you could pose the question to me off list and
if I can't answer perhaps I can refer you to someone who can. /jim