Re: [OM] Another Canadian New to Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Canadian New to Olympus
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:00:01 -0800
Welcome Rolf!

You come through loud and clear. Your AOL account does post in HTML, so you will likely get some grousing from digest users. There are alternatives (like maybe AOL.com??), but I gather they are a pain (but then, so is AOL, as far as I am concerned.). Anyway, oldtimer Bill Barber gets away with it.

Moose

Rolftruck@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all -- I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, having just succumbed to a 30-year-old wish to own an OM-1. I've been a Nikon user (plus Mamiya TLR and more recently a Leica M) all that time and have had no reason to complain. But now that I own my first OM-1, and as of last night a Zuiko 24 2.8, I think I've been missing something. A lot, actually. It's a truly beautiful camera and I'm anxious to give it a proper workout. A busy holiday season has conspired against a lot of picture-taking, but roll #1 using just the 50 1.8 looked good.

I've already learned a lot from folks on this list, and I've also been amused, of course. There's a distinct character to this crowd, as there is in much different ways for the people on the various Leica and Nikon lists. If I were more adept at the psychology of it all, I might try to define those distinctions.

This post is also by way of an experiment, namely to see if it actually goes through to the list. As an AOL user I've seen difficulties along these lines with some lists. Seems that AOL isn't entirely welcome.

Assuming it does get through, I thank you all for what I've learned so far and in advance for what I have yet to understand about Olympus. Happy new year too!

Rolf Lockwood
Toronto, Canada