Re: [OM] 1000 shots in a day

Subject: Re: [OM] 1000 shots in a day
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:16:10 -0800
What an odd thread! We start out with discussion and comparisons of longevity of proprietary Li-ion vs. AA batteries. Then a member who shots motor sports events semiprofessionally adds that he gets over 1000 shots on the battery in his DSLR ------- and suddenly we are discussing whether or not any body can take that many 'real' or 'legitimate', however defined, images in a day.

Is this like saying "Well, AAs can't do that, but there is no legitimate need to ever do so, so it doesn't matter anyway."? Nice way to deflect the thread, I guess.

However they are taken, the point that some Li-ion battery packs can take at least that many pictures (and apparently more) seems impressive to me and useful to know. I rather like the idea of having tools that are capable of more than I will ever need from them.

Moose