Re: [OM] 85 f2

Subject: Re: [OM] 85 f2
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:38:14 -0800
on 12/30/03 9:14 AM, Piers Hemy at piers@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Over here he is known for his (almost obsessive?) attention to the detailed
> condition of what he buys, for his encyclopaedic knowledge of what Olympus
> ever produced (and when, and how many probably), and for his willingness to
> go for not one but two great whites (and we aren't talking about the 180/2
> runt of the litter here).
>
> I agree with your advice Jeff!
>
> Piers

Not sure who Zuiko7 is, but the current auction at $300 is not that far out
of the range for the 85/2.0. They seem to get $200+ even for some decidedly
non-new condition samples I can remember. I suspect Olympus wanted a good
lot more than $300 for the list price when -they- were selling them new...
and its one of my favorite lenses, so small, sharp, and fast.

Still, the couple (or 3 or 4, I can't remember... <g>) I have are good
enough for me. I like my Zuiko's with good clear clean glass, smoothly
functioning mechanicals, and minimal wear signs, but I'm not restricting a
scratch or two on the finish, or some brassing on the aperture rings, etc.
I've got a few 'nearly perfect' lenses, and a few that show some use, and
all give me a good feeling (and some good pictures).
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...