Re: [OM] OM -1 shutter speeds

Subject: Re: [OM] OM -1 shutter speeds
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:55:54 -0800
on 12/29/03 8:00 PM, Donald Shedrick at shedridc@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Anyone know what happens when the OM-1 shutter speed is set at a
> positon between one of the normal click stop settings?  The meter
> moves continuously as you change from say 1/250 to 1/125 giving the
> impression an intermediate setting would be possible, just as it is
> with the aperture.  I have never tried an intermediate setting, not
> knowing if it would give a reliable shutter speed.
>
> =====
> Don Shedrick
>
> http://groups.msn.com/firstlightimaging

I'm sure I'll be the 15th reply, but OM-1 shutter doesn't work on 'between'
settings. You will get (for instance) either 1/125 or 1/250, but not in
between. Which probably depends on some mechanical alignment, but might not
be repeatable either... bottom line is set it to one or the other.

Now, the aperture  *will* work between click-stops, set it anywhere you
want. I've even toyed with the idea of filing some 'in-between' grooves in a
50/1.8 just to see how it feels...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...