Re: [OM] Re: "Real World Tests" OT =|:>

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: "Real World Tests" OT =|:>
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 23:47:17 +1300
Ian Skelly asked ( I can't really believe he seriously doesn't know )  =|;)>

> What's Vegemite?

Well, Vegemite is rather like Marmite which is a vitamin B complex-rich
extract of yeast. One is made by Kraft and the other by Sanitarium.

Both have a rich brown darkness somewhat reminiscent of Guinness and the
consistency of old molasses. An acquired taste, somewhat salty. Japanese
visitors to NZ  are reputed to take quantities back home with them as it
reminds them of the taste of a certain Japanese luxury food.

Used mainly as a spread on bread, toasted bread, and cream crackers, can
be used also this way with cheese (Cheddar).

Recommended to spread THINLY on bread. As the label says "Too much
spoils the flavour". Or as we used to alter the label in those dim dark days
when I was at boarding school, "Too much oils the lav"

Use to flavour soups and gravies as well.

That answer the question?

And here it is 15 minutes before the New Year and I'm going to bed. Work
calls tomorrow.

Happy New Year everybody.

Brian