Re: [OM] Re: "Real World Tests"

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: "Real World Tests"
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:54:35 -0700
Stephen,

I was flipping through the channels last night and happened upon a program
about accidents involving race photographers. Some brutal stuff. One guy was
standing in the middle of the road photographing something on the side
during an evening rain storm. A driver, peripherally blinded by the water
and bad light, didn't see the photographer and hit him. That victim was
being extremely stupid. Several others were hit by cars losing control and
flying way off course. Most of these were road race and rally type events
where there is little crowd control. I'm sure it's tempting to want to be
where one should not be. It's certainly not a place to be careless. Have you
or Mike had any close calls?

/jim