Re: Now AOL trials, was [OM] Another Canadian New to Olympus

Subject: Re: Now AOL trials, was [OM] Another Canadian New to Olympus
From: Rolftruck@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:42:48 -0500
In a message dated 12/31/2003 5:41:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, Moose writes:

> Rolf Lockwood orginally wrote:
> <snip>
> >...either, so I downloaded AOL Communicator. That's what I'm using here.
> >Don't like it much but let's see if it actually sends plain text with
> >this message.

Then Moose replied...

> Yup!
>
> Assuming it it a version of Netscape Communicator, you can customize
> HTML settings by recipient. Thus, anything I send to the list is in
> plain text, while what I send to some other correwspondents
> is
> automatically in HTML. Quite flexible and convienient.

Thanks, Moose. I discovered that feature in AOL Communicator, and it should
indeed be useful.

If you'll all put up with me, this is another test, opening my AOL mail and
responding within Netscape 7.1 off aol.com. It looks too AOL-like for comfort,
but who knows. Haven't found a 'compose as plain text' option here yet.

It'll be right eventually!

Rolf in Toronto