Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4501

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4501
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 10:58:08 -0700
Hi George:

Please don't feel I was critiquing you, I thought I'd add on as I think that
this could be an interesting dialogue. I agree with these comments, it has
been my experience too. The 'bidding war' and the several items- I bid on a
300/4.5 when there were 6 on at the same time (an anomally), I looked at
them all, looked at the bidders on each, but bottom line I went for the one
owner, selling it personally lens, not that I haven't gotten nice glass from
the more commercial traders. The rule is that there are no rules! I wanted a
PB 2 lost the bid by a close margin, there weren't many being offered so I
bid on a PB 1 and using e-snipe I set a high price, well somebody wanted the
thing and also didn't bid, ended up at $138.00 to me, rats. I then found a
PB 2 that I was able to win for only $96.00 including a vivitar flash and a
3 flash remote bracket- go figure- !!
I also would like an 85/2.0 but not at the prices that I've seen, I would
concur that even the percieved 'elite' gear is still bidding up.

Gord