Re: [OM] OT: 1st look: Mamiya DSX 1000

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: 1st look: Mamiya DSX 1000
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 14:53:16 -0800
The ST605n has an eyepiece of rectangular black plastic so similar to an OM that a Varimagni fits. It's not as secure as on an OM and the centering may be a tiny bit off, though. This is a very clean camera that has not seen much use. Only marks on it are slight polishing of the chrome from strap rings. And yes, USD43.66 plus shipping with CLA from ID elkinsparkcamera on the 'Bay. He doesn't have anything for sale at the moment. I was in no hurry, had several possible cameras on my list and waited till a good deal showed up.

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

Moose, I rented a similar Fujica ST701 in 1972 or 73.  The eyepiece has a metal
ring to retain the optics.  Now get this:  the
threaded metal ring is SERRATED so it scratches eyeglasses.  You got a CLA'ed
body for around $43?  Are you sure those were US
dollars?  They weren't 43 gold Kuggerands?  A CLA for the mamiya is about 3x my
purchase price.