Re: [OM] [XA] loose batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] [XA] loose batteries
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 00:26:10 +0100
hi,

* Svein Skjtskift <svein@xxxxxxxxx> [031231 18:01]:

> Hello  nils, Two  easy suggestions:  Of  course you  should clean  the
> battery contacts as  good as possible, but I guess  you have done that
> allready. If  the XA2  is like the  others, there is  a spring  in the
> bottom of  the battery  compartment. Bend  a paperclip  as a  hook and
> gently bend/pull the springblade towords you (or use a pair of pointed
> and  bent pincers).  This will  create enough  tension to  tighten the
> contact. BTW, the same problem applies to the A11 or A16 flashes, they
> probably used some soft metal in the production.

that worked,  thanks! i also cleaned  the bump in the  battery cover, as
suggested in  clinton's mail, but  that looked in  a decent shape,  so i
think it was only missing a little pressure from the blade.

now i have to start investigating in  the flash, and why it doesn't work
:)

thanks,

--nils

--
You know how Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!
                                                       -- Calvin