[OM] OM XA

Subject: [OM] OM XA
From: john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 00:19:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,
     Just re - subscribed after a few days away seeimg the New Year in , in
Paris. Great trip, good seafood and wine, poor beer  :-(  Made a decision only
to take an OM XA compact, did not really want a camera that would get in the
way.
    Up until yesterday my XA was virtually mint - with a few tiny scuffs on the
back, and needing new foam . AND then I dropped it!
    I could not believe it...I was left looking at the black cord in my hand as
the camera fell about 3' onto the hotel floor. The floor was carpeted, but
concrete underneath. Landed flat on the clamshell cover and film door flipped
open  :-( ruining my New Years Eve photos of the Eiffel Tower :-(  Camera LOOKS
fine but meter is shot! Needle barely moves when you point it at different
light sources...only moves if you "rap" the side of the camera near the needle.
 Range finder seems ok but I need to have it checked.
      Is it an economical repair - or one for the parts bin?
  Perhaps I should just dig out my Olympus RC...But I just love the style of
the XA.
      Hope this is not an omen for the year to come !

John Duggan,  Wales, UK.