[OM] OT: Canon 10D survived fall into the STREET !

Subject: [OM] OT: Canon 10D survived fall into the STREET !
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:07:20 -0500
This is a quote from one of my EOS lists...
> My 10D
took a 5-foot fall off a stone curb into the street,
with a BG-ED3 vertical grip, two batteries, a
Microdrive, a Canon 550EX flash, and a Sigma 15-30mm
zoom attached.  The lens barrel broke and was repaired
to better than new for under $100; nothing else in the
whole package suffered any failure at all.  I was able
to keep shooting, despite being 1600 miles from home.
If I'd had a Digital Rebel or a film Rebel, I am sure
I would have had to fly home early...>

Amazing, huh?  Can you imagine the pit-of-the-stomach feeling of that sound?

All the best,
Jim