Re: [OM] OM XA

Subject: Re: [OM] OM XA
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 18:49:19 -0800
Light meter coil/needle assembly probably came off the bearings. Probably repairable if nothing's bent, but hard to tell without someone looking in there. Good luck, they are nice little things and I hope yours comes right. If so, get it a new strap!

Moose

john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

...AND then I dropped it!
I could not believe it...I was left looking at the black cord in my hand as the camera fell about 3' onto the hotel floor. The floor was carpeted, but concrete underneath. Landed flat on the clamshell cover and film door flipped open :-( ruining my New Years Eve photos of the Eiffel Tower :-(
Good excuse for a return trip next year?

Camera LOOKS fine but meter is shot! Needle barely moves when you point it at different
light sources...only moves if you "rap" the side of the camera near the needle.
 Range finder seems ok but I need to have it checked.
Is it an economical repair - or one for the parts bin?