Re: [OM] OT: Canon 10D survived fall into the STREET !

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Canon 10D survived fall into the STREET !
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:50:15 +0000
I think that he probably meant that he was about 5ft tall etc...

We call it a "kerb" and it's the brick or stone border between the street and the pavement. Sorry haven't a copy of Abbey Road at the moment.

I have mentioned before that my OM4 dropped from my nerveless fingers onto the cobbles of a street in Trier in 1991. The sickening thud heralded nothing worse than a small deformity in the baseplate. The lens was fine ...

Chris

Chris