Re: [OM] OT Haggis v. Pie, was "Real World Tests"

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Haggis v. Pie, was "Real World Tests"
From: "Mickey Trageser" <Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 13:26:25 -0500
Yes, I started that. The Haggis Pie is simply previously cooked Haggis
(sheep stomach, stuffed with organs and whatever else is left), sliced and
placed into a pastry pie shell with a pastry cover. [It was not goat.]
Easily displayed, sliced and served. It was hot from the kitchen. This is
not to be confused with the 'pies' that are available in convenience stores
which are single servings of some meat/sauce mixture wrapped in pastry and
kept hot in a self serve display case. I did not see a Haggis variety there.
However the cheese steak variety was pretty good, though not at all similar
to a cheese steak sub/hoagie/etc.

There are around 80 million sheep in NZ. Dunedin is gaelic for Edinburg. Get
the connection? :-)

-Mickey