[OM] OT: Naval museums now

Subject: [OM] OT: Naval museums now
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:37:17 -0500
Speaking of naval museums, our beloved Federal Government is moving a nuclear
submarine to a new (planned) museum in Cincinnati.
Unfortunately we don't have money to improve education but we *DO* have money
to remove the nuclear reactor from inside a submarine
(which was not designed to have it removed- DUH!), then transport the huge
vessel across the Rocky Mountains and more than a dozen
states.

School kids in 2015 may not be able to do algebra but they will be able to tell
they're penniless ancestors that they once toured a
nuclear submarine.

The new museum will be within sight of our new 4-lane bridge that our beloved
Federal government built, despite the Federal experts
who said no such bridge was warranted.  It replaced a 2 lane bridge that saw
almost no traffic.  We don't have the money to replace
the fatal 8-lane Interstate bridge that's within sight of the 4 lane bridge but
at least "we got something".

We call this pork-barrel politics in the US.

All the best,
Lama