Re: [OM] PT article, OM meter color sensitivity

Subject: Re: [OM] PT article, OM meter color sensitivity
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 19:44:35 -0500
1.) Close enough.  I think Fujica once used a photomultiplier called "Silicon
Blue".  I think they doped it with a blue filter so it matched panchromatic
film.  It's not like our meters are only sensitive to blue like ortho film, (I
think).
2.) Not the meter, but with film, yeah.  Flesh tones on Plus-X looked better
when I used a yellow-green filter 'cause it mimicked the unperceived yet very
real "spike" in our OWN color sensitivity.  It made the difference between
"drugstore" tonal values and "art-like" tonal values.  The greys just looked
richer and had finer gradations.

All the best,
Lama

om4t@xxxxxxxx writes:
    So the questions I have are:
    1) Do we have any idea what the color response is for OM meters?
    2) And does anyone have metering related experience using B&W films with
       OM meters? Should I be concerned, even?